- Barefoot walking or running. There are many proven positive benefits of barefoot walking or running, from less stress for your feet, better posture, less stress for your joints. . .
- You need to eliminate negative people from your life. An important part of a healthy life is positive mental health. You do not need toxic people in your life. You should tell your friend to go if they behave negative or overly critical.
- You need to eliminate negativity from yourself. Also, you do not need negativity from yourself. You need to listen to only positive thoughts that come up in your mind and to get rid of the negative thoughts that you hear. Also, a lot of eating happens because one feels unhappy, so you need to be positive, and state up by yourself, in order to cut out that unhealthy dependence on food.
- You need to journal out unhappy thoughts. The great way to eliminate negativity from inside is to do brain dumping exercises every time you feel frustrated. Remember do not keep these thoughts unexpressed inside of you – that is not healthy.
- You need to avoid trigger foods. These types of foods are the foods that make you go crazy and binge like crazy after you eat them. Trigger foods of every person are different (pastries, donuts, chips and pasta), but usually trigger foods are chocolate, candy bars, chips, confectionery, cookies or anything that has high level of refined sugar, fat, flour or salt. These foods cause an imbalance of blood sugar and for this reason triggering one to eat more. So, what are your trigger foods? You should identify them and get rid of them from your diet.
- You need to breathe. Deeply. You should know that oxygen is a very important source of life. Of course, you know how to breathe, but the thing is – are you breathing properly? A lot of us do not breathe correctly – we breathe to 1/3 of our lung capacity and take only low breathes. In order to get their best performance, athletes are taught correct breathing techniques. A full breath is when your lungs are totally filled, and your abdomen expands and there is smallest amount of movement in your shoulders.
- You should deal with emotional eating issues. Eating to fill an emotion instead of real hunger is emotional eating. Do you eat when you feel frustrated, stressed out or down ? And when you hit a block at work, do you reach out for food? Well, if you do, chances are that you are emotional eating. But, emotional eating won’t make you feel happy – never. That is because you are trying to fill a void that has nothing to do with food. You know that food does not give you happiness or love; that is just a food. So, why do you look for a food when you’ down? What you need to do is to get to the root of the problem and address it.
- You need to eat small meals. You should choose a few small meals instead of a few big meals per day. That will balance out your energy distribution all the way through the day. Generally, you should eat when you feel hungry, and you should stop when you are full. Before you start eating – you do not need to wait until official meal times. Listen to your body and what it tells you.
You should know that our body is our temple! We need to take care of our body and we need to have a healthy life. Did you know that a over 60% of Americans are overweight or obese? That is insane! You need to think of your body as your physical shell to take you during your life. And you should know that your shell will wear out quickly if you frequently abuse it with unhealthy food. Although you can look okay on the outside, but on the inside, you could have problems because your arteries are getting blocked-up with arterial plaque and cholesterol. That can be really bad!
Life is beautiful and you do not want to bog yourself down with needless health problems. Your vital organs (heart, lungs, kidney, liver, gall bladder, intestines, and stomach) can work well today, but they maybe won’t tomorrow. So, do not take your good health today for granted. You need to take proper care of your body.
You need to know that good health is not just about exercise and healthy eating – also, it includes having a healthy self-image, positive mental health and a healthy lifestyle. We are going to show you in this article two the most important tips to live your life healthier.
You must drink more water. A lot of us do not drink enough water every day. And water is necessary for our body to function. Did you know that over sixty percent of our body is made up of water? If you didn’t know water is needed to remove waste, perform our body functions and carry oxygen and nutrients around our body. As we lose water every day through urine, perspiration and breathing, bowel movements – we need to refill our water intake.
Additionally, drinking more water alone truly helps in losing weight. On one study they performed amongst obese/overweight people that water drinkers lose five more pounds than a control group. It is believed that because of drinking more water, it helps to fill your stomach, making you less likely to overeat and less hungry. We agree with that, and we have an added take that your body tries to maintain whatever water you take when you do not take in sufficient water, and that could lead to increase in weight. When you frequently drink water, your body knows that it is going to get its supply of fluids, so it does not try to maintain more water.
The amount of water we need is depends on a variety of factors such as our physical activity, the humidity and your weight, but usually we need eight glasses of water intake per day! As food intake contributes about twenty percent of our fluid intake, that means that we need to drink about eight to ten glasses per day! How you could know that you are hydrated – your urine has to be slightly yellow or colorless. And if it is not like that, well you are not getting enough water! Some other signs include: dry mouth, dry lips and little urination. Now, go get some water after you have read this article.
Health is the most important thing. Healthy people live longer, they look better, and they can work better, which is always good for employers. So, basically, if you are healthy, you’ll be loved, admired and have a better job. That’s why everyone is streaming for health. But, how to accomplish that and be healthy in this fast-paced world we live in? Well, when you think about it, it’s not that hard; just follow these simple steps, and you’ll develop healthy eating habits, which will, in turn, lead to a better and a healthier life for you.
First of all, you should make a schedule, and work three meals a day into it. It is very important to have a full stomach to prevent fatigue and malnourishment. So, don’t skip meals, just eat them properly. First, you should have a breakfast that is composed of healthy foods. Make fruits and grains part of it, because they are extremely healthy. For example, you could east a high-fiber type of a cereal with non-fat milk, and to top that off, add some sliced banana to it.
It is important to note that you shouldn’t eat one big meal during the day, but that it’s much healthier to eat several smaller nutritious meals. Your digestive system will thank you for that, because that is much less stressful for it. Also, if you feel hungry between the meals, you can eat a snack. It will curb your appetite, and give you enough energy to wait for the next meal. This snack can be a piece of fruit, some crackers, of a slice of bread with some peanut butter. And don’t be alarmed; this will not make you gain wait, just make sure you don’t overeat yourself during this snack. Now, that would be a problem, both for your weight and for your digestive system.
Sometimes, you may think you’re hungry, but you’re actually just thirsty. Just drink a glass of water, and it will par. In fact, drink plenty of water. You can also try eating a bowl of healthy soup before each of your meals. Just make sure the soup isn’t fat. It will stop you from overeating, and help your digestive system digest the food.
You can also help your digestive system by chewing your food long and thoroughly. That way, the food is already almost half-digested when in enters your stomach. Don’t just swallow your food; enjoy it. Feel its taste, and how good it feels in your mouth.
In addition, when choosing what fruits or vegetables to eat, always pick those with deeper color. That indicates that it is healthier than the other fruits or vegetables, and has more nutrients. Also, choose the products that have not been exposed to chemicals. Chemicals are bad for us, and those that haven’t been exposed to them are much healthier.
Make your dinners smaller in comparison to your other meals, and make them especially small if you won’t be exercising after it. Also, large dinners can be very hard for a stomach and can prevent you from falling asleep.